Sunday, September 6, 2015

Introduction: The Impossible Can Happen

When I returned from my trip in 2013, I found myself sinking into sadness. I thought for sure I would never be able to enjoy such an epic overseas adventure ever again. I would never be able to afford it so I decided I should just give up on my dream. It was time to be serious about my future. I was doomed to a boring life of eking out an existence. And I would have to do it all alone.

At the time, I thought my 2013 trip was the best thing would ever happen in my life. I was wrong. It did, however, give me the confidence that brought me to my future husband that same year.

Falling in love is an amazing adventure all on its own. You can barely sleep or eat and suddenly every waking moment you don't spend with that person is wasted. While it was becoming more financially possible to achieve my lost dream of travelling (and in no small part due to this wonderful man), I was now in a full time job which I couldn't even leave for two days in a row, let alone for weeks of travel.

Okay, it's not so bad being stranded in Sydney... ;D

And yet somehow I found myself self-employed and sharing an apartment with my fiancé. The timing couldn't be more perfect so we planned our pre-wedding honeymoon. It was an amazing feeling to be writing up an itinerary once again. Even better? I was going to be with my soulmate. This is why I revisited some places I'd been before - he hadn't seen them!

Once upon a time I said I would never fall in love. Another time I said I would never go overseas again. I am quickly learning that the impossible can happen.

Never say never.

No comments:

Post a Comment